Going to Prague on Friday
  • With teh Ladz :runyak:

Anyone been before? Any must go places? We're only there till Sunday so want to see and do as much as possible.

• 85 Comments sorted by
  • I haz been. It was a while back so I don't really remember the specific clubs and bars but we had a grand old time.

It's a beautiful place in the daytime but the personality changes after dark, you'll see what I mean. I'm sure you can look after yourself like but just don't get mugged off, a nice wide eyed country bumpkin could easily get wallet inspected.

• I've not been but I don't like it :smug:

:smug:

• Went with my girlfriend years ago so I reckon you'll be wanting to do other things outside of walking Charles Bridge at sundown, going to the Jewish & Communist museums, jazz clubs, going up the into the hills etc.

There was a bar called the alcohol bar though that was in a cellar and was ace, find that and find fun

• "Lads we're here on a tear up, let's go to the Communist museum and a jazz club" :lol:

• How cliché

Enjoy x

• :lol: Such a twat!

• The only things I remember about Prague is the worst game of football I have ever seen between Sparta and Kaiserslautern and darling boom booms.

• I went for a mate's 21st.

Was bare jokes.

• "MilkyJoe" said:
    :lol: Such a twat!

:uhoh:

• Been 3 times, it's lovely.

• Eastern Europe in parts can be fantastic. Budapest is my favorite. You've probably never heard of it, its a small Hungarian city. Hungarian meaning it is in Hungary.

• "Gary Sparrow" said:
    [quote="MilkyJoe"]:lol: Such a twat!

:uhoh:[/quote]

Yes?

• There is a lovely cocktail bar near the Hilton, n00bs wouldn't have heard of it because it is full of locals.

• "MONL" said:
    Eastern Europe in parts can be fantastic. Budapest is my favorite. You've probably never heard of it, its a small Hungarian city. Hungarian meaning it is in Hungary.

Budapest is :mashed: Me and a pal went for three days with a view to spending about three hundred when out there. Spent 2k! Still to this day don't know how!

• Cliche for a popular, social lad to be invited on a stag do with one of my oldest mates? Yeah I suppose :uhoh:

There will be photos :toppa:

• "MilkyJoe" said:
    [quote="MONL"]Eastern Europe in parts can be fantastic. Budapest is my favorite. You've probably never heard of it, its a small Hungarian city. Hungarian meaning it is in Hungary.

Budapest is :mashed: Me and a pal went for three days with a view to spending about three hundred when out there. Spent 2k! Still to this day don't know how![/quote]

Yeah Budapest is lovely, took wor lass there for a few days, beautiful place

• "MONL" said:
    Eastern Europe in parts can be fantastic. Budapest is my favorite. You've probably never heard of it, its a small Hungarian city. Hungarian meaning it is in Hungary.

We're sure they loved having a purple haired fat fool in their town

• "Jazz Maverick" said:
    [quote="MilkyJoe"][quote="MONL"]Eastern Europe in parts can be fantastic. Budapest is my favorite. You've probably never heard of it, its a small Hungarian city. Hungarian meaning it is in Hungary.

Budapest is :mashed: Me and a pal went for three days with a view to spending about three hundred when out there. Spent 2k! Still to this day don't know how![/quote]

Yeah Budapest is lovely, took wor lass there for a few days, beautiful place[/quote]

Went wandering round the city one day for a bit to the Buda side of the river, cracking architecture.

• bump. tomorrow is the big day. don't even have any euros :lol:

• Have you got a Debehnahms near you? They do euros at a decent rate and you can sell them back for what you paid.

• Saino's do the same thing but don't really have time to go into town bro. I have to work in the morning and then pack my shit up.

And it's czech korona, not euros :roll: . I was going for one of them wind ups I keep hearing about :mashed:

• fucking dodgy czechs with their fake ass money :hohu:

things to look out for:

Karel Poborsky
    nuts girls in white who smoke
    tracksuits
    the 1980s

• I might take some photos and casually post them on a website where you can post photos.

• send us the link yeah

• Enjoy getting mugged by slav hoors in wensceslas square :lol:

Fucking Prague staggers, how original :hohu:

Protip- take the tram (Prague for train) everywhere.

• Noobs won't know this but I've been to Prague 3 times. I had pivo (beer btw) which is Czech beer btw.

• Vulva on tour :adore:

Come back when you go somewhere worth mentioning

• ahoj Mingeford! (that means hello in Czech, I was taught a bit of the language by a girl who used to wank me off in exchange for lessons about UK culture)

• Go across King Charles bridge towards the castle for the most expensive Subway sandwich in Europe, opposite an Irish pub that screens EPL. Then a short walk up the road is the funicular railway. You can't spell funicular railway without fun.

Noobs won't know this but Subway is an American sandwich restaurant where you can have a Ham Sub (Ham Sub btw)

• "Mingeford" said:
    Noobs won't know this but I've been to Prague 3 times. I had pivo (beer btw) which is Czech beer btw.

I've never been once

You >>> me

• did you know that this weekend Didcot railway station is having a diesel gala? I bet you didn't know that did you? Some of those bad boys won't have run since the 1980s.

• Seriously considering going on the train. Noobs won't know this but trains are an American form of public transport that poor people use (poor people are non-Americans with not much cash btw, I learned this in my time at school. Schools are places where you get bullied and the teachers touch your exposed anus btw)

• http://www.didcotrailwaycentre.org.uk/events/galas.html

Didcot Railway Centre will host a selection of main line diesel locomotives, comprising:

Class 31 - No. 31466 (Dean Forest Railway)
    Class 33 - No. 33108 (Barrow Hill)
    Class 37 - No. 37521 ‘English China Clays’ (Barrow Hill)
    Class 55 - No. D9009 ‘Alycidon’
    Class 55 - No. 55019 ‘Royal Highland Fusilier’ (Barrow Hill)
    Our own diesels - 08604, and GWR diesel railcar No. 22 will run on the Branch Line.

55019 and 31466 will be running on the Main Demonstration Line with trains starting at 11:00. No. 22 and the 08 will run on the Branch Line, starting at 10:30, and we hope to use DL26 for some shunting manoeuvres during the day. Later on in the afternoon we hope to run 31466 and 55019 double headed until trains cease running at 1700.

During the day there will be varying line ups of the locos, including 18000 (ex GWR Gas Turbine), at the front of the shed and we will move the display to account for sunlight (hopefully!) and different loco positions. Cab visits are available to 33108 and D9009 and also 31466 when it is not running.

Miniature diesels will be giving train rides, courtesy of the Harlington and Ickenham model engineering societies.

Black Python Real Ale Bar open
    Signalling in operation on the branch demonstration line (Saturday 25 and Sunday 26)
    Radstock Signalbox open for visitors (Monday 27 only)

:incrediblescenes:

• I am going to Kyrgyzstan in September to meet some cousins I haven't seen since I was 3.

• That is some big boy shitt right there :adore:

Also

Black Python Real Ale Bar
    :moyes:

• Well Im on the early shift tomorrow so I will bid you farewell, have a good time and for god's sake don't go barebacking one of those sluts.

• "Mingeford" said:
    Go across King Charles bridge towards the castle for the most expensive Subway sandwich in Europe, opposite an Irish pub that screens EPL. Then a short walk up the road is the funicular railway. You can't spell funicular railway without fun.

Noobs won't know this but Subway is an American sandwich restaurant where you can have a Ham Sub (Ham Sub btw)

N00bs won't know this but in America everywhere makes sandwiches like you can get in subway for the half and a million times better which is why I literally can't remember the last time I saw a subway there but you get 1 every 20 yards in London

• In English please.

• "Volvo" said:
    I am going to Kyrgyzstan in September to meet some cousins I haven't seen since I was 3.

Reminds me of that time we were talking about christmas plans, I was obviously going back to NY and you waded in and said you were doing the same

• I don't recall this conversation.

• "Ozymandias" said:
    In English please.

Sorry, I'm half American

Consult your local google translate or did you break it when you tried speaking Italian with me that time?

How did that work out btw?

• Gold fingers to get warmed up and k5 when you want to cut lose

• 2 Deltics at Didcott tomorrow - awesome

• What a place :mashed:

Full report with pics to follow. I am shattered.

• Epic bants?!?

• FULL bants :proud:

• :lol: :mashed:

• As promised, some genuine snaps taken by my iPhone :toppa:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/volvo365/null-1.jpg

This is the famous Prague castle in the background. It was raining, something you weather n00bs won't understand.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/volvo365/null-2.jpg

This was our hotel. No biggie, just one of the biggest buildings in Europe :lol:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/volvo365/null-3.jpg

This is a real 500ml glass of genuine Czech beer. Most of you wankers won't know this but beer is a drink.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/volvo365/null-5.jpg

Karel Porbosky's house.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/volvo365/null-6.jpg

This is a big river, possibly the inspiration for the Johnny Cash song of the same name.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/volvo365/null-4.jpg[/URL]

This is a different beer but one which is also a drink.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/volvo365/null-7.jpg

You'd be forgiven for thinking this is rural Ireland but no, still Prague!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/volvo365/null-8.jpg

During the evening I won BIG in on a roulette game. Literally thousands of CZK there. CZK is a currency (money btw) in the Czech Republic.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/volvo365/null-9.jpg
    The pedestrianisation of Norwich City Centre? No, not quite :lol:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/volvo365/null-10.jpg

Some crazy Eastern European wildlife :hohu:

• Fucking excellent photos :adore:

Genuinely some of the best I've seen on here :adore:

So handsome too :adore:

• Nice :nod:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion