The Hunt (Jagten)
  • Has anyone seen this film? Danish film (subtitled) starring Mads Mikkelsen about a playgroup teacher who gets accused of noncing his best friends kid.

Genuinely harrowing and affecting film to the point I had dreams that family members and friends were getting accused of being paedos for weeks after!

Mads Mikkelsen is as always brilliant!

• 21 Comments sorted by
  • Will watch, thanks for the tip x

• Just make sure you're not hungover/emotionally unstable at the time!

• Just make sure you're not hungover/emotionally unstable at the time!

• I'm fucked then.

Q: Is it violent/brutal, or just a harsh story?

• Just a really dark storyline to the point where I was nearly in tears at the central characters plight and suffering.

However Mads does stick the head on some cunt twice his size :thumbup:

Fucking double posts!

• Are the subtitles in English? I once saw a film with French subtitles and I couldn't really follow what was going on.

• Yes Alf, they are!

• Sounds right up my street. Will watch

PS. I recently observed MUD (whilst I was in NY), don't be put of by Matthew McConaughey's inclusion in it, he and the film are ace. It was smooth, finely acted, etc. 9/10

• He's got his career out of the mess it was in over the last few years. Killer Joe and The Lincoln Lawyer were fine turns by him. Mud looks excellent!

• Mikkel Madsen you say?

http://celebgreat.com/pics/37/4e/Michael-Madsen-3f2a9.jpg

• Ooh, he looks like a pikey these days :hohu:

• Have you watched it yet Mingey?

• "Alf" said:
    Are the subtitles in English? I once saw a film with French subtitles and I couldn't really follow what was going on.

The subtitle file is always labelled in the language it is translated into, not translated from, so if this happens again just reselect English.

• Wankmarked etc

No I shall watch this at the weekend I have found an excellent stream of it :toppa:

• "Barry Biceps" said:
    [quote="Alf"]Are the subtitles in English? I once saw a film with French subtitles and I couldn't really follow what was going on.

The subtitle file is always labelled in the language it is translated into, not translated from, so if this happens again just reselect English.[/quote]

:spaz:

• No need to be so chippy mate I am only trying to help :uhoh:

• I'll chippy you over that fence

• "MilkyJoe" said:
    He's got his career out of the mess it was in over the last few years. Killer Joe and The Lincoln Lawyer were fine turns by him. Mud looks excellent!

Mud is pretty average.

It's half an hour too long, and in that half an hour nothing happens to drive the story.

It doesn't help that I watched it in a trendy arthouse cinema (i'm a member btw for all you cinema noobs) which doesn't sell popcorn and has seats the size of cereal bowls :spaz:

• The Lighthouse?

• No the smelly fucking IFI x(

The Lighthouse is amazing. Popcorn for €3, bottles of O'Haras, fucking LEGROOM LEGROOM LEGROOM and a nice mix of indie / 3D SUMMER BLOCKBUSTERZ :mashed:

It's literally the best thing about Dublin.

• I've never actually been in the IFI. It seems a dump of a place.

The Lighthouse is awesome. Went with a mate to see the Snoop Lion documentary a few weeks back and we were the only 2 people in the cinema. We proceeded to get wankered on staropramen.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion