FAO Mingeford
  • Just over 3 months till I'm away to Florida.....

As I'm massively OCD about things being organised, I'm starting to get twitchy, wtf do I need to get sorted??

I have nothing done apart from have it paid. No car insurance, not done that application thing you need, haven't booked tickets :strain:

Standard freaking the fuck oot for nae reason probably :lol:

• 62 Comments sorted by
  • You're not massively ocd you Fucking shit baby. You're a mild fusspot.

• Okay Ryan :hohu:

• SMEE GOT YA

• Wasn't a dig btw

• Get your ESTA done today m8- DO IT DO IT.

what car insurance do you need?

• Esta that's the one, I mind that fat travel agent telling me now.

Dunno, I have car hire but assume I will need it insured?

• Nah man it's just like in the UK- the hire cost includes insurance. In fact I think in the US you can choose to have NO INSURANCE on a hire car if you want :mashed:

• Have you got your overall trip insurance?

• Aye get that with my premium bank account :roll:

It even covers shit pancreas's :lol:

• You'll be fine for car hire then.

I am SHITTING in my pants about driving on the right :strain:

• I am as well

Wife cants us to drive to tampa to see some of her relatives (PI) - We will end up like those lads who got murdered :hohu:

• Driving on the right is piss easy. After the first ten minutes you'll get used to it.

• Piece of piss as you're in an automatic. When I hired a car in Greece, I kept smashing my left hand against the window when I pushed the clutch down :lol:

My coordination is amazing tbf

• Don't forget, supermarkets. ALL THE SUPERMARKETS :mashed:

• I'll take plenty snaps of beef jerky and Cheetos - you can't get them here btw :roll:

• Cheers. Though the polak shop up the road from me sells both cheetos and jerky. :mashed:

• There's no way you'll be able to get insurance :hohu:

• When I was 21 I turned the wrong way down a main 4 lane road in Miami, out of pure habit.

Didn't even realise I had done it until the bird I was with asked if we were on the wrong side of the road. Luckily it was night and the road was quiet but I still shat myself and initiated a panicky, handbrake aided U-turn (Americans call handbrakes parking brakes btw :thumbup: )

• :lol: :lol:

You've never been to Miami, loser. Miami is in Florida btw but must of you won't know this.

• :lol:

/serts

Actually on that same trip I drove from Miami all the way up to NC, to this day one of the best holidays I've had.

• Not having your ugly mrs drive you everywhere :adore:

But yeah seriously I am going to crash into a gang banger within 20 minutes of getting off the plane, I know it.

• America n00bs. :uhoh:

I drove around Florida and Louisiana without any incident. That said, there were time in Louisiana I thought I would get murdered for being the wrong colour :uhoh:

• As long as you don't let the old British instinct to drive on the left take over, it's actually very easy driving over there. The roads and turning lanes are generally better signed, and there's usually more space to take your time and get it right (unless you're driving through downtown city traffic of course)

• Purple?

• They don't like purple heads

• I have to drive from Sanford airport to Orlando. It's about a hour away :hohu:

Deid on my first night :adore:

• "Mingeford" said:
    They don't like purple heads

I was normal haired at the time. Ya pair of twats.

• ginger is normal?

• I will flay you.

• TDR must be a hairdresser, as he's just provided a cut and rinse!

• I'm not even ginger :(

• In your defence MONL your purple hair looks better than Cribby's orange hair did (does?)

• Small consolation, but still some consolation.

• "MONL" said:
    Small consolation, but still some consolation.

you're being compared with cribby, as far as i can see you have two choices.
    move to bridgend
    or befriend mario

• Lads banter :adore:

• "Kiwi" said:
    [quote="MONL"]Small consolation, but still some consolation.

move to bridgend
    or befriend mario[/quote]
    That second option is death!

• "MONL" said:
    [quote="Kiwi"][quote="MONL"]Small consolation, but still some consolation.

move to bridgend
    or befriend mario[/quote]
    That second option is death![/quote]
    i dont know why i bother :|
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridgend_suicide_incidents

• I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT BRIDGEND WAS!

• The clue is in the name tbf

• Level 8 spackiness itt

• "Smee" said:
    I'll take plenty snaps of beef jerky and Cheetos - you can't get them here btw :roll:

Cool. You can't get the jalapeno cheetos here btw

They have some massive walmarts in Florida, like massive. The running joke about walmart is the fat fucks who need those mobility scooters because they're too fat to walk. Walmart is full of them. If you're doing self catering which I believe you are, walmart is an ace ace place to shop, you'll save shit loads and the choice there is unbelievable. This is advice I'm giving you here btw, not trying to say I'm better than you :toppa:

Enjoy your trip. Don't take any pics cos taking pics is sad and stuff. Venture done to Miami if you can, south beach in particular is ace

• "Mingeford" said:
    Not having your ugly mrs drive you everywhere :adore:

But yeah seriously I am going to crash into a gang banger within 20 minutes of getting off the plane, I know it.

Not having a mrs period cos you're a 7 foot tall freak :adore

• "Jazz Maverick" said:
    :lol:

/serts

Actually on that same trip I drove from Miami all the way up to NC, to this day one of the best holidays I've had.

It's funny cos your the worst case of mitty ever invented. You don't even have a passport :lol:

• "Alf" said:
    There's no way you'll be able to get insurance :hohu:

Alf dishing out truth bombs to all the American n00bs :lol:

Billy big bollocks mingeford not having a clue about driving in America

Good luck showing your UK drivers licence and even getting a hire car :lol:

• Awwww here it goes!

• "Gary Sparrow" said:
    [quote="Smee"]I'll take plenty snaps of beef jerky and Cheetos - you can't get them here btw :roll:

Cool. You can't get the jalapeno cheetos here btw

They have some massive walmarts in Florida, like massive. The running joke about walmart is the fat fucks who need those mobility scooters because they're too fat to walk. Walmart is full of them. If you're doing self catering which I believe you are, walmart is an ace ace place to shop, you'll save shit loads and the choice there is unbelievable. This is advice I'm giving you here btw, not trying to say I'm better than you :toppa:

Enjoy your trip. Don't take any pics cos taking pics is sad and stuff. Venture done to Miami if you can, south beach in particular is ace[/quote]

Please accept my apology for the sarcasm in that post, genuinely not normally my style

Any tips for Orlando? :toppa:

• Nice breezy 4 posts in a row :nod:

• "Gary Sparrow" said:
    [quote="Alf"]There's no way you'll be able to get insurance :hohu:

Alf dishing out truth bombs to all the American n00bs :lol:

Billy big bollocks mingeford not having a clue about driving in America

Good luck showing your UK drivers licence and even getting a hire car :lol:[/quote]

I was talking to sugar-free smee :hohu:

• :hohu:

• "Gary Sparrow" said:
    [quote="Jazz Maverick"]:lol:

/serts

It's funny cos your the worst case of mitty ever invented. You don't even have a passport :lol:[/quote]

Plucking accusations from thin air = Bremotherfuckingeazy :lol:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion