The Miscellaneous Comments Thread
  • Let's get one of these started

How fucking immense was David Luiz's debut tonight, the most exciting defender I've seen in a while :adore:

• 1759 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Bully

February 2011
    I presumed he'd be black for some reason.
    Quite a cool looking cat. 8)

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Bully

February 2011
    My missus got me a cake made out of sweets for Valentines. :adore:
    Flumps, fizzy laces, white buttons etc
    Tooth decay :adore:

• there's already a forum bores thread, jeff

• "ozymandias" said:
    there's already a forum bores thread, jeff

Oh right, I didn't look through your post history yet

• I thought he looked like a young less ugly Puyol

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    euro

February 2011
    Jeff, how did the snowboard crash fuck your knee up? Was it the force onto the knee or did you twist it or what?

• "JeffStelling'sLovechild" said:
    [quote="ozymandias"]there's already a forum bores thread, jeff

Oh right, I didn't look through your post history yet[/quote]
    sure you haven't :roll:

• "euro" said:
    Jeff, how did the snowboard crash fuck your knee up? Was it the force onto the knee or did you twist it or what?

Its hard to describe without showing you but basically we were learing and had one foot locked on the board and one free, my right

When I crashed, his board got tangled with mine so couldn't put my foot behind me but could only go to the right of the board (basically doing the splits) and my right foot got stuck under the board and I could feel everything snap

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Bully

February 2011
    Do you do much sport Jeff?
    My sister didn't have an operation, think Geoff said similar about himself.
    Obv if you do lots of sport an op would be good.

• The odd bit, but I was planning on moving in the next few weeks and solidly getting back into playing regular football

Fuck all that now

• 2 already and a third is coming out in the summer iirc

• Fucking hell Jeff min that sounds a bit nasty, that's why I wont go skiing/boarding. That and because its too fucking cold.

• "hooley" said:
    Fucking hell Jeff min that sounds a bit nasty, that's why I wont go skiing/boarding. That and because its too fucking cold.

That's thing, it wasn't cold comfortably over 20 degrees on the slopes during the day

• http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/funny-6.jpg

Blokes :adore:

• We're just bloody blokes :adore:

• "JeffStelling'sLovechild" said:
    [quote="euro"]Jeff, how did the snowboard crash fuck your knee up? Was it the force onto the knee or did you twist it or what?

Its hard to describe without showing you but basically we were learing and had one foot locked on the board and one free, my right

When I crashed, his board got tangled with mine so couldn't put my foot behind me but could only go to the right of the board (basically doing the splits) and my right foot got stuck under the board and I could feel everything snap[/quote]
    Were there any noises? :strain:

From your leg obviously, I expect you were crying like a ho.

• I so glad Ive never got any proper injuries :strain:

I would imagine I'd be a proper pussy if I did break anything :nod:

• "Ade buy whore" said:
    [quote="JeffStelling'sLovechild"][quote="euro"]Jeff, how did the snowboard crash fuck your knee up? Was it the force onto the knee or did you twist it or what?

When I crashed, his board got tangled with mine so couldn't put my foot behind me but could only go to the right of the board (basically doing the splits) and my right foot got stuck under the board and I could feel everything snap[/quote]
    Were there any noises? :strain:

From your leg obviously, I expect you were crying like a ho.[/quote]
    It all happened so quick but I'm sure I heard a squidgy snap mini explosion

My mates all said they expected me to be back up in a few mins because I didn't seem to be in much pain, even though past sufferers have said that it feels like being shot when it happens :uhoh:

Been told by a doctor before that I have a high pain threshold :smug: Still hurts that Keith Andrews hasn't been sold though

• Picked all my college elective :)

Also bought new runners :proud:

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Simmo

February 2011
    Got my Carter USM ticket for November 8)

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    ulm

February 2011
    Is that why you walk in such a camp way now?

• "Duckie" said:
    Picked all my college elective :)

What does this mean? I didn't go to a 'college'

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    ulm

February 2011
    Eeeeeerrrrrrr, you dinner prodding poofter

• "The Pink Baron" said:
    [quote="Duckie"]Picked all my college elective :)

What does this mean? I didn't go to a 'college'[/quote]
    Basically picked my subjects for next year :) like till now we had to do 'core' law subjects but now we get to pick our own

It was exciting and by college I mean uni

• Ah right,

I know shit all about law! What did you pick?

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    EFC

February 2011
    "Duckie" said:
    [quote="The Pink Baron"][quote="Duckie"]Picked all my college elective :)

Basically picked my subjects for next year :) like till now we had to do 'core' law subjects but now we get to pick our own

It was exciting and by college I mean uni[/quote]

If you're studying Law at Uni, you will still have to do set subjects throughout. If you are doing a law degree, I would advise you to choose the options that are vocational as selected classes, such as Family Law, Child Law, Medical Negligence and Intellectual Property, and avoid ones like Human Rights or Administrative Justice. When you have finished the degree, having done the vocational topics will suit further employment better.

• If you're studying Law at Uni, you will still have to do set subjects throughout. If you are doing a law degree, I would advise you to choose the options that are vocational as selected classes, such as Family Law, Child Law, Medical Negligence and Intellectual Property, and avoid ones like Human Rights or Administrative Justice. When you have finished the degree, having done the vocational topics will suit further employment better.

We were told that yea. I did chose subjects like that :o

Family Law
    Child Law
    Employment Law
    Commercial Law
    European Human Rights (might change this now)
    Public Interest Law

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    EFC

February 2011
    European Human Rights is ok, but there are better options available which might be more useful such as IT Law or Media Law.

I would advise you to pay as much attention to Tort of Negligence as possible, as that would be the mainstay of 70% of Legal Jobs for a graduate, unless you were really lucky.

• "EFC" said:
    European Human Rights is ok, but there are better options available which might be more useful such as IT Law or Media Law.

I would advise you to pay as much attention to Tort of Negligence as possible, as that would be the mainstay of 70% of Legal Jobs for a graduate, unless you were really lucky.

Tort is a core subject
    IT Law or Media Law aren't choices for next year I don't think. I could take Intellectual Property instead I think

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    EFC

February 2011
    "Duckie" said:
    [quote="EFC"]European Human Rights is ok, but there are better options available which might be more useful such as IT Law or Media Law.

Tort is a core subject
    IT Law or Media Law aren't choices for next year I don't think. I could take Intellectual Property instead I think[/quote]

Yes, Tort is a core subject. TBH, if you did it at A Level then it won't be too difficult.

I did Intellectual Property. I thought it would be sound, but I could never get my head round it and I hated it. We had an open book exam for my finals and I still failed the fucker as I couldn't understand my own notes.

Edit: Criminal Evidence is excellent if you get a chance to study it.

• I just did science :uhoh:

• "EFC" said:
    [quote="Duckie"][quote="EFC"]European Human Rights is ok, but there are better options available which might be more useful such as IT Law or Media Law.

Tort is a core subject
    IT Law or Media Law aren't choices for next year I don't think. I could take Intellectual Property instead I think[/quote]

Yes, Tort is a core subject. TBH, if you did it at A Level then it won't be too difficult.

I did Intellectual Property. I thought it would be sound, but I could never get my head round it and I hated it. We had an open book exam for my finals and I still failed the fucker as I couldn't understand my own notes.

Edit: Criminal Evidence is excellent if you get a chance to study it.[/quote]
    OH OH that is a choice actually. I didn't even think about it. I'm Irish so I didn't do subjects like that in school

I'm in my second year of uni

• "The Pink Baron" said:
    I just did science :uhoh:

I know a few people that did general science and all but 1 have dropped out and the 1 I know failed her first year and is repeating and now hates it but can't drop out cause her parents would kill her

• How many areas of law do you get to study as an undergraduate EFC?

I went down the Graduate Diploma in Law route (Contract, Tort, Con & Ad, Criminal, Property, Equity & Trusts and EU Law), then upgraded to an LLB by doing IP and Company Law.

I imagine you did all of the above as core subjects, just interested how many other modules you got to do.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    EFC

February 2011
    Christ, now you're asking.

Ermm

Core is Criminal, Tort, EU, Equity and Trusts, Constitutional and Administration, ELS, Contract and Land Law.

I also did, Human Rights, Intellectual Property, IT Law, Medical Negligence, Criminal Evidence, Administrative Justice and Public International Law (which was excellent)

• "Jazzy Geoff" said:
    they told me I couldn't have an op because the knee was really complicated and they weren't quite sure what would need doing (i think I lost some cartilage as well as the ligament) and basically it was too hard but If I really wanted they would take some ligament out of my ankle and that would fix it but I'd be in a chair for six months. :spaz:

What was your injury exactly and what did you do to sort it?

• Cheers EFC. So we got the same qualification and I did 4 less modules than you? Gutted :D

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    EFC

February 2011
    Not arsed. I have a Law LLB (Hons ) from a redbrick, and TBF have used it about twice ever in my career.

• I was only joking tbf. I'd have actually liked to do a wider range of subjects, but as my course was only one year full time or two years part time, it probably would have been too much.

I use my law qualifications everyday.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Bully

February 2011
    "Duckie" said:
    [quote="The Pink Baron"][quote="Duckie"]Picked all my college elective :)

It was exciting and by college I mean uni[/quote]

First you should look up what elective means.
    Picking something you have to do from other things isn't elective at all.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    TDR

February 2011
    if she doesn't win your court case you get a free johnny holder

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    EFC

February 2011
    "Analsoldier" said:
    I was only joking tbf. I'd have actually liked to do a wider range of subjects, but as my course was only one year full time or two years part time, it probably would have been too much.

I use my law qualifications everyday.

What do you do?

I have used mine for case law a few times, but in actual referring to Acts and such its been very rare as an FE in Residential Conveyancing or in RTA/PI. It's mainly practice rather than theory, although obviously everything is bound by the law we study, but in actual direct application of a piece of text or direct case law, I have rarely had to use it.

• Nothing interesting I'm afraid. I mostly draft/interpret leases/licences for telecommunications operators.

Hopefully, I'll be a practising barrister (criminal) in a few years.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    EFC

February 2011
    "Analsoldier" said:
    Nothing interesting I'm afraid. I mostly draft/interpret leases/licences for telecommunications operators.

Hopefully, I'll be a practising barrister (criminal) in a few years.

I spend a lot of time in court and in chambers with barristers and a QC, and tbf, I think I've only ever seen one occasion when one referred to case law too.

• http://i52.tinypic.com/2dqjdap.png

:crazy:

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    TDR

February 2011
    only if we create a how to kill yourself thread :hohu:

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    JWP

February 2011
    That spastic must not be allowed anywhere near this forum

• "Duckie" said:
    [quote="The Pink Baron"]I just did science :uhoh:

I know a few people that did general science and all but 1 have dropped out and the 1 I know failed her first year and is repeating and now hates it but can't drop out cause her parents would kill her[/quote]

Well... I did Molecular Biology and am doing a PhD in Nephrology... not really general science.. I have zero knowledge of law though, one of the few things I never found interesting

• Some screamers in the Roma game tonight :poundit:

• "The Pink Baron" said:
    [quote="Duckie"][quote="The Pink Baron"]I just did science :uhoh:

I know a few people that did general science and all but 1 have dropped out and the 1 I know failed her first year and is repeating and now hates it but can't drop out cause her parents would kill her[/quote]

Well... I did Molecular Biology and am doing a PhD in Nephrology... not really general science.. I have zero knowledge of law though, one of the few things I never found interesting[/quote]
    Ohh I see, I thought you did general science. Science bore the crap out of me in school tbf, dunno why I did two science subjects for the leaving cert

Law is interesting at certain parts... some are a snooze fest

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion